Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Foxhall Deli to Reopen on Tuesday

I have been wondering for some time about the fate of the Foxhall Deli. It was run for years by my friend Terry. After his passing, I was hoping the place would be run by someone. It is a staple of that neighborhood.

Recently, we have seen painting, a new canape installed, and a brand new sign with a red fox on it. Today, I called the number for the deli and was told the deli will reopen this coming Tuesday. I am very much looking forward to it. My understanding is that a retired police officer who was a frequent guest when Terry ran the store will now be the operator of the store. I am glad because this means the store will likely continue in a similar manner to Terry's way.

I miss Terry. I am glad, however, that his legacy --the Foxhall Deli-- will continue into the future. I urge everyone to stop in and the see the place once it opens. Make it a grand reopening in honor of Terry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in that neighborhood and frequented the store when George and Carol Dawkins owned and operated it. Terry was employed by Mr & Mrs Dawkins and I was very pleased when he purchased the store from their estate. I now live outside of the City proper but frequented the deli whenever I was in the area. I am happy to hear that it will reopen as the neighborhood and the City need businesses such as this.

Anonymous said...

You are spot-on with this one;Terry truly was a wonderful person with a service mission and indeed neighborhood "Mom and Pops" stores like this are sorely needed in Kingston, and were a staple once upon a time in Kingston's Glory Days...