Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Terry Myers (1959 to 2010)

I am sad to report the passing of my friend, Terry Myers, the owner and operator of the Foxhall Deli.

Terry was really a great guy. He regularly held court at the deli discussing politics or the news of the day. Many people came from all over town to have lunch and chat with Terry. I will miss him a lot.

What many people do not know is that Terry started working at that store when he was 17 years old. In those days, the store was called "Dawkins". After Mr. and Mrs. Dawkins passed away, Terry bought the place in 1985. The store has been a mainstay in the neighborhood.

The wake for Terry will be held at Leahy's on Friday from 2-4 and 7-9. The funeral is Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad news indeed Rich, Terry was a great guy, and ran a wonderful business in our neighborhood.

I'll miss him very much.

Brian J. Woltman

"Hey Terry...Since it's Wednesday I'll take a ham and swiss sub with a little mayo."

Anonymous said...

He was a model citizen. Worked hard, made personal sacrifices to meet his obligations and took time to help many neighbors. Although he often discussed politics he always tempered it with genuine concern for the community. I am happy to have met him.

Anonymous said...

Terry was a great guy, and he will be missed. He has been sick the last year or so, and when he had to close periodically, I tried many other places for a sub. As I told him, none compared to his, in price and quality. I would bet that he's making the sub special of the day for St. Peter as we speak. RIP Terry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about this....so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I left Kingston 4 years ago and always enjoy my lunch being supplied by Terry. I also enjoyed his convictions for a better Kingston........